Tuesday 15 September 2009

Faking It

Hi peeps.

Hope everyone is well.
Don't know about you but hasn't this week gone quickly?

Thanks you to everyone who joined us last week and without further ado, it's time to announce find out who our winner is -

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:23
Timestamp: 2009-09-15 15:02:28 UTC

Wooohooo Louise in New Zealand, it's you chick :) If you e-mail me with your details, I will pass them on to Jeri, and a big thank you to MCC for their sponsorship last week.

Now for our challenge this week, which is all about

'faking it'

So, we want to see anything fake (or faux if you are posh)on your cards. This can be stitching, fake lace (ie using a border punch), fake ribbons and bows or flowers, it is up to you.

Just put your 'cheaty' heads on and see what you can do.

We have 3 brand new guest designers who are going to be with us for the next 4 weeks and it is my absolute pleasure to welcome them. They are one of my best blog buds, the fabulous

Kath, Nancy and Suzanne.

A warm Papertake welcome ladies - we hope you enjoy your stay with us xxx

We also have a wonderful sponsor as well and it is ....

As a lot of us tend to make 6 x 6 cards, this weeks prize would be a Godsend in any craft room.

I'll let Priscilla tell you all about it -

"Have you ever been faced with trying to fit a bulky thick style card in an envelope? The lumps and bumps really do not look that great! I do not know how many times I would try and line up my envelope edges to find that they were slightly off, not enough room for the adhesive, it had gap openings, was lopsided, you name it, I have done it. If you have ever experienced the same kinds of problems, well I have found the answer. “Thinking Inside the Box” Kits will help you make an envelope perfect every time. Come check out what “priscillastyles” has to offer, because I have two sizes in the kits and a “stand up” card template that will make any card unique and one of a kind. Please take a look at all the possibilities these items offer"

You can find these along with many samples here

This is the kit you can win


And here is a sample of an envelope made with it.
Very nice I think, and so useful because we all do tend to make bulky cards which are a real pain to post.

So let's have a look at how the team 'faked' it :)


Kath (GDT)

Nancy (GDT)


Nancy (she did 2 cards for us. Thank you Nancy xx)



Steph








Dawny P

So that's what we did with the challenge and we hope that you like them.
If you get a sec, don't forget to nip over to our individual blogs and check out what's been going on in the last week.

Until next Tuesday have a wonderful week and we can't wait to see your 'neat cheats' lol xxx


18 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Thanks for the fun with this theme!!

Suzi Mac said...

Thank you for a lovely challenge and to the DT for their great work.
Suzi xx

Linda said...

Great challenge....I must admit that it is much easier to do the real stitching than faux. ;)
Fabulous cards by the DT!!!
I have posted my card in Mr Linky.

Victoria said...

great theme ladies and fabbo creations too.

Victoria
x

ribenaruby said...

Wonderful DT work,excellent!

Anonymous said...

Great challenge this week I have linked my card! Fab DT cards love them all! :0)

Audrey said...

great challenge and DT your cards are great!

Jill said...

Gorgeous DT creations, thanks for looking at mine

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Great challenge! I linked my card, but I'll most probably be back with another entry, since I'm not too excited about this one ;)

Unknown said...

great challenge loving the DT cards especially anya with the polka dot skirt what a cool idea

shelly said...

thanks for the fun theme :) what a very cool prize too! have a great weekend :)

stephanne said...

What a fun challenge, and gorgeous samples!! Got me thinking about my poor neglected punches for this challenge!!

Kaz said...

Love your challenges & your DT cards are just FAB!
Kaz xx

shaz earl said...

Great challenge and fabulous cards by the DT i have joined in with you this week.

HERE

Lin said...

Loving all the DT cards. Thanks for the challenge.

Lin

minerva said...

My first time joining this challenge but I ope to make it a regular thing! Fab DT work too.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi team,
Thanks for a great challenge and brilliant DT card gallery.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Georgia said...

Fab sketch this week! I really enjoyed using it! :)
xxx